Friday 1 July 2011

Dietary thoughts and styling dilemmas

OK well after weeks, months, and maybe possibly years of telling myself to lose weight, today is the day I start! A friend has lent me all the new Weight Watchers stuff I need, and I am desperately going to try not to turn into one of those boring cows who bleat on and on about how many "points" something has!
So I weighed myself this morning ( and no, Im not going to tell you). Suffice to say I have quite a bit to lose. If I shift 3 stone I will be happy /get to a dress size 14..........dont know if they are one and the same we will have to see!
So my first goal is half a stone off..........I have my right food, my points allowance (sorry!) and my exercise plan ----my new Zumba DVD! Which I have been doing for the last few weeks, I just need to get my foot checked out by the doc this afternoon and then it's all systems go!

I was also pondering a few new clothes last night................and then I remembered my Marilyn idea..........and then I realised most shops may not stock the EXACT stuff I want.........so its a case of vamp it up,, or add a Marilyn "tweak". The  MOST IMPORTANT thing I realised is that Miss Monroe did NOT wear a lot of black. I wear it. A lot. Too much. Waaaaayyyy too much. So this could be a good thing, more so than I thought!
However, the blonde bombshell did wear leopard print hoorah!!! But I notice she teams it with navy. And she wears darker muted colours, such as a forest shade of green, she has damm gorgeous outfits though and she did seem to like red, and capri pants and pencil skirts - which is all good as they all suit me, and will do even more soon when Im thinner! Woohoo.

I have been thinking of posting a pic of myself now at the start of my journey but Im not happy with myself at the minute so will do it at some point.........................

But to keep me inspired, and you to know what Im on about, here's a pick of outfits from Gentlemen Prefer Blondes ( of course they do hehe)

        I love this pic - as they walk in, everyone stares....

          "Ooh I always need new places to wear diamonds"
               I love what she is wearing here


      And let's end with Marilyn in action!.....................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment